[scribus] text handling slow-down

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Apr 4 17:33:37 UTC 2012

hi dcat,

> On Apr 4, 2012, at 9:00 AM, ale rimoldi wrote:
>
> > the number of chars per frame and the number of frames per pages
> > helps (probably one).
> > are the frames linked?
> >
> > ... well, basically: having the .sla would help!
> >

> > and then, you could define what slow is. an example would be "if i
> > add the word "slowness" at the end of a frame, i have to wait 2
> > seconds after typing each character".
>

> no frames are linked. # of characters is fewer than 300 per page. by
> Slowness, I mean that I type a word, and it takes the next few
> seconds for me to see the characters I just typed, draw on the
> screen...approximately 1 second per character.

i've created a 31 pages long document, with about 300 chars in one
frame on each page and a big image below it.

i haven't experienced any slowness in the text typing. (as i somehow
expected).

next time it would help if you can share the document. it makes testing
such issues less painful.

ciao
a.l.e