[scribus] spellcheck

Tornóci László torlasz at net.sote.hu
Tue Apr 3 18:21:32 UTC 2012

On 04/03/2012 08:01 PM, John Beardmore wrote:
> On 03/04/2012 18:56, Cat wrote:

>> I don't mean to oversimplify what it takes to implement a spell
>> checker ( I am not a programmer) but don't programs that do have a
>> spell checker make calls to the dictionary installed on the computer?
>> and Is that what Scribus needs to have? A sub-program that compares
>> document words to the computer's dictionary?
>
> As I understand it, that's the function of aspell etc.

Is there a chance to support hunspell rather than aspell? Hunspell is
the default spelling checker in libreoffice and it covers a lot more
languages than aspell does. If scribus aims to be truly international
(and we know there are efforts to support RTL, more exotic fonts etc) I
think hunspell is the way to go.
Or perhaps this 'enchant' thingy supports hunspell too?

				Yours: Laszlo