[scribus] spellcheck

Cat catsoul at thinkplan.org
Tue Apr 3 17:56:28 UTC 2012

On Apr 3, 2012, at 10:54 AM, Craig Bradney wrote:

> Why would windows need a different mechanism? Not only do I not see why we would need a different
> mechanism, but enchant is (was?) supposed to interface to the natively installed system under
> Windows, Linux or OSX, etc.

I don't mean to oversimplify what it takes to implement a spell checker ( I am not a programmer) but don't programs that do have a spell checker make calls to the dictionary installed on the computer? and Is that what Scribus needs to have? A sub-program that compares document words to the computer's dictionary?

dcat