[scribus] spellcheck

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Tue Apr 3 17:45:20 UTC 2012

On 4/3/12 4:18 PM, John Beardmore wrote:
> On 03/04/2012 09:13, Keith Abraham wrote:
>
>> I filed a bug report for the non functioning spellchecker (#0010511)
>> some time ago but it seems to languishing in a dark corner. Hopefully
>> the devs will tackle it soon.
>
> I can understand that it's a non trivial problem, especially as windows doesn't support the
> preferred external spell checker. It would still be really useful though.
>

> Cheers, J/.

aspell doesnt want to relocate properly on OSX so we cannot re-distribute it. If you build manually
on OSX you can get aspell functionality working ok.

There's bug 8291 for switching to enchant but the person who submitted the patch has had not time to
make it work properly.. maybe one day.

thanks
Craig