[scribus] spellcheck

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Tue Apr 3 14:05:22 UTC 2012

On 02/04/2012 16:51, catsoul wrote:
> On Apr 2, 2012, at 8:48 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:

>> I would prefer a function that simply highlights/underlines
 >>possibly misspelled words, like many word processors do, so I
 >>can easily skip over things that will fail any spellchecker.
 >>Finding double occurrences of words (the the) is useful too.
>
> What is the current workflow people use now in Scribus, with
 >respect to Spell checking?

:)

That question assumes that there is a single workflow that people all
use, and has given rise to a lot of needless angst when I've asked this
question in the past.

Work flows will range from people who use Scribus purely as a layout
tool to set something they've already prepared and checked, through to
people like me who might produce an engineering report my making a
storyboard of diagrams and photos in Scribus, then annotating them,
dynamically adding text and adjusting layout as the job progresses.

For those of us that tend to the second approach, a spelling checker
would be really useful !

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore,MSc EDM (Open),B.A. Chem (Oxon),CMIOSH,CEnv,MIEMA,MEI
Registered Office: 181 Belper Road, Stanley Common, Ilkeston. DE7 6FT