[scribus] conversion to CMYK / colour profile

S C ribus id746-scribus at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 26 12:19:07 UTC 2011

On 09/25/2011 03:10 PM, S C ribus wrote:
> Is there any difference between converting an RGB image to CMYK using a specific colour profile and importing this image in scribus and exporting to CMYK using that same colour profile?
> When colours are flagged as out of gamut, what is the best solution to bring them back in line, especially in the case of very vivid colours?

If I understand your question correctly, the advice is to import as RGB,
and let Scribus export using the color profile. I believe what happens
is that on loading a CMYK image, there will be conversion to RGB anyway.

***
and is there any difference in final output ?
If my images are flagged with a lot of out of gamut areas, what can I do before importing them to ensure the best looking result, especially with images that are very vivid in terms of colours?

In the same line, if my RGB images have an embedded colour profile (but may have different RGB ICC of course), what is the best practise? Should I preprocess them to no colour profile / to the same RGB colour profile?

Is there a difference in the final output between say and RGB image no ICC and an RGB image with a colour profile, both converted to CMYK with colour profile x?

Testing this with a printshop would be very costly, I would like to know what all here can recommend as the safest, proven workflow