[scribus] Getting CMYK colors from Inkscape to Scribus

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 05:24:31 UTC 2011

Hi,

Apparently not many people know that Scribus has a special case for
CMYK ICC profiles assigned to SVG documents for extracting correct
CMYK values from SVG. I had this article in drafts quite a long time,
and given rasiing popularity of the "How do I print color separated
PDF from Inkscape?" question polished it and kicked it out:

http://libregraphicsworld.org/articles.php?article_id=43

Enjoy :)

There is another workaround which is an Inkscape extension that
rasterizes everything, then passes it through ImageMagick for
colorseparation, but IMO it's a rather terrible way to do things. I
don't feel justified promoting it. OTOH, CMYKTIFF extension from same
developer makes sense, except you don't get live softproofing like the
one you can get with CMYKTool.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org