[scribus] Data Merge

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 17 19:26:27 UTC 2011

On 09/17/2011 02:29 PM, S C ribus wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there something like this in Scribus?
> The InDesign wizard leaves me dreaming
>
> http://www.theindesigner.com/podcasts/tid43_theindesigner_43.mp4

The short answer is that Scribus isn't able to do anything quite like
this. There is no built-in merge function.

There is a capability to use CSV file input into a text file, with
separating tabs.

You might also look at this:
http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Importing_a_long_list_with_formatting_into_Scribus

If I were doing this, I would probably prefer to use a script, with some
variation on the importing images for an album

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Automatic_import_of_images:_Versions_not_requiring_Tkinter

and maybe just use a simple text file as input:

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Importing_addresses_from_a_text_file

Greg