[scribus] Three questions and a suggestion

Jan de Weerd jdweerd at ziggo.nl
Sat Sep 17 14:12:09 UTC 2011

Hi Ian,

> SO - My question now becomes.... Is there any OTHER way to reduce the
> size of the Scribus PDF file WITHOUT the loss of the HotLinks??

I do a small news-brief for the local surfclub a few times a year. It is
a 16 - 20 page document with photos and text. I output it in greyscale
for the print-shop and in rgb-color for web use.The last time I did this
the greyscale file was about 27MB. For the web version I changed the
maximum image resolution from 300dpi to 75dpi. The output file reduced
to about 5MB. Further reduction can be reached when the compression
quality is changed. From maximum to high further reduced the file size
to 4MB.

Hope this helps,

Jan