[scribus] latest version for Linux Ubuntu

john Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Sep 16 20:05:51 UTC 2011

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 12:13:53 -0700
Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:

> On 09/16/2011 11:33 AM, john Culleton wrote:
> > Let me get this straight. I download and compile the same product on
> > two successive nights, use the same script, the file sizes are
> > different, but no changes have been made? I need a little help with
> > that one.
>
> Comparing the file size on Ubuntu Linux with the size on Windows XP
> is not a good way to tell if they're exactly the same version.

Of course not. I run the same script each night on the same Slackware
partition with the same library setup. It happens automatically thanks
to a line in crontab. If the file size changes, up or down, then
some programming activity has occurred. If the two versions are exactly
the same size then chances are excellent (but not certain) that no
significant changes have occurred.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press