[scribus] latest version for Linux Ubuntu

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Sep 16 14:20:50 UTC 2011

hi
>> In my daily tracking of Scribus 1.4.0 RC5 I note that the size of the
>> file has grown from 13363546 to 13365914.
[...]
>> Scribus is advancing rapidly, and there is still considerable room
>> for more development.
> Referring to file size as a measure of state is so incredibly misleading. It's relevant to your machine only and the libraries installed.

i can only disagree here!

a growth of 2368 bytes is a clear sign of progress!

and this overnight!

i crosschecked this by downloading the installer for 1.3.3.14 and for
1.4RC5 (i took in both cases the windows version to get standard values,
not one one compiled by myself and though influenced by my local libraries):
1.3.3.14 is 21783558 and 1.4RC5 is 54441320!
this is more than twice better! (or, more exactly, an improvement of
32657762!)
and this matches my -- subjective -- experience: 1.4 is at least two
times as good as 1.3.3.14!

it's a pity that there is no package for 1.5, yet. but i'm sure that i
bet it will be at least 125215036 ... there are so much improvements in
there!

ciao
a.l.e

p.s.: and here comes the obligatory :-)
        ... it's friday and i'm a little bit bored...