[scribus] Scribus Version 1.4.0rc5

john Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Sep 15 20:46:34 UTC 2011

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 21:36:29 +0200
"Benedykt 'Silmeth' Jaworski" <b.jaworski at kofeina.net> wrote:

> W dniu 15.09.2011 18:37, john Culleton pisze:
> > On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 11:12:57 -0400
> > "bobparham at comcast.net" <bobparham at comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> >> I have completed about one third of a book I am writing. All files
> >> have been saved in vs.1.4.0rc2. Will I have a problem opening and
> >> editing these files if I upgrade to vs.1.4.0rc5?
> >>
> >> Thanks for your input.
> >>
> >> Bob P
> >
> > No problem. With Scribus files you can always go forward but never
> > backward.
> >
> I would *not* say "never", just "often". I think there aren't many
> problems (if any) with opening newer 1.4.0rc Scribus's file with older
> 1.4.0rc. The .sla format doesn't change so rapidly AFAIK ;-).
>
> Making backup of these files before saving them with newer version is
> always a good idea, though.

In the world of 1.4.0 I cannot think of a reason to go back from rc5 to
rc2. Almost by definition there are less bugs in rc5 than in rc2 or rc3
or rc4. In fact I haven't encountered any at all in rc5 but apparently
someone has.

It is a fact that although the rc number has not been advanced work
continues on refining rc5. So it is a bit of a moving target. Thus far
it hasn't failed me.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press