[scribus] Three questions and a suggestion

Ian "Witty" Whitfield editor at federalsaints.net
Wed Sep 14 09:17:29 UTC 2011

> On Mon, 2011-09-12 at 16:56 +0200, Ian "Witty" Whitfield wrote
> >  Hi All
>> >  [NOTE - After I save the .sla as a PDF Document I then use pdftops and
>> >  ps2pdf to reduce the size of the file, and I think this is where the
>> >  'links' are being disabled although they did not get "lost" in the past]
I have just done the latest issue of my Publication and this is what I
fine......

1) [Just a comment] HotLinks do _NOT_ work in the .sla file - rather a
pitty!!
2) In the "Scribus pdf" file the HoLlinks work with both my PDF Reader
programs (Adobe & Ocular)
3) After converting through 'pdftops & ps2pdf' the HotLinks no longer
work in either Reader!!

This may suggest that it is a pdftops or ps2pdf problem _BUT_ it used to
work in the Scribus 1.3 series!!! I still have copies here from that
time that still work fine!! So to my mind something has been changed,
(or omitted), in Scribus version 1.4 that stops the links from 'getting
through' to the end pdf file.

Any comments or suggestions??

Ian Whitfield
Pretoria RSA

(I'm using Scribus 1.4.0 rc5 on Linux Mint 10 KDE)