[scribus] Inserting jump text for linked text frames

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 12:41:16 UTC 2011

On 08/31/2011 08:12 PM, Samuel Cantrell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working on a school newspaper, and I'm curious if there's any
> automated way for inserting jump text in text frames? (That is, the text
> that points the reader to a different page.)

Scribus can do this, though it's a bit clumsy.
You can insert a Link Annotation frame -- right-click for context menu
after you make your frame, then under PDF Options, choose Annotation
Properties.
There you can tell where on which page to link to.

The clumsiness:
1. Even if you put some text in this frame, or give it a color, none of
that will show up on export to PDF, so you would need to superimpose
this on some other visible object to show where to click.
2. In my experience, Adobe Reader doesn't consistently alter the cursor
so that you can recognize this is something to click.

Greg