[scribus] How to print guides, empty image frames and other, internal indications ?

Frederic Schutz schutz at mathgen.ch
Thu Sep 1 12:00:55 UTC 2011

>> Is there a particular reason for this to be impossible to do within
>> Scribus, or is it just because no one required that/thought about it/had
>> time to implement it so far ? Or in other words, it is worth submitting
>> a feature request bug ?
>>
> I think it's because this has nothing to do with the raison d'?tre of
> Scribus -- these are feedback for the user with no intention or need for
> them to be part of the output, whether it's printing directly from
> Scribus or making a PDF.

Is it really outside of Scribus' raison d'être ? Most of the people I
know who do desktop publishing always have their desk full with
printouts of their draft with various marks and placeholders for missing
components -- so printing is not only for final users... not even
mentioning editors who spend the whole day with a printed copy of a
flatplan in their hands :-)  [I don't think it is possible to print one
either in Scribus].

Frédéric