[scribus] A5 news sheet?

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Sun Oct 30 14:46:10 UTC 2011

On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 15:07:07 +0100
Peter Nermander <peter at nermander.se> wrote:

> > A5 side-by-side on a landscape A4.  The only way I have found to do
> > this, is to export as pdf and then import into an old version of
> > Indesign.
>
> > Anyone know how I can complete the task in Scribus?
>
> Not in Scribus, but with for example Multivalent.
>
> java -cp c:\program\multivalent\multivalent.jar tool.pdf.Impose -dim
> 2x1 -layout 1,1 -paper "297x210 mm" -verbose %1.pdf
>
> Just tested with a dummy A5 page (just one frame of Lorem ipsum)
> exported to PDF from Scribus.
>
> /Peter

I find the PSUtils package handy for imposition work. For some years I
imposed 8.5 x 11 hymns on 11 x 17 to make a saddle stitched booklet for
use in my church choir.  I will repost my script if there is interest.

It helps to mention the OS you are using, and the version of Scribus.

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers:

"Create Book Covers with Scribus"