[scribus] Fwd: Improve typographic rule support

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 08:52:18 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Czarek wrote:
>> In Tex and InDesign the entire paragraph is considered before any line
>> breaking, hyphenation and word spacing decisions are made.
>
> Do you have any proof that Tex and InDesign are working in that manner?
> I mean good commented source code.

LOL. This has been known for ages.

"TeX's line breaking algorithm has been adopted by several other
programs, such as Adobe InDesign (a desktop publishing
application)[19] and the GNU fmt Unix command line utility.[20]|

I encourage you to read the whole thing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TeX#Hyphenation_and_justification

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org