[scribus] scribes and other free software workflow

Czarek czarek at oferuje.pl
Wed Oct 26 06:22:37 UTC 2011

> Features such as footnotes, endnotes, running headers,
> bibliography, index, TOC etc. are not as extensive or as convenient
> compared to e.g., TeX, InDesign, or word processors.

Yes, but due too:

>Scribus is under active
> and continual development.
...footnotes, endnotes, running headers, index, TOC etc. can be available in
Scribus very soon.

I am  working just now on "markers" concept, which gives Scribus features like
variable text or cross references (I have that code already working in my
local Scribus 1.5 copy) and which is introduction to foot/end notes, running
headers and indexes. TOC based on styles was introduced and need some
attention for finish it.

cezaryece