[scribus] scribes and other free software workflow

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Mon Oct 24 23:30:21 UTC 2011

> Hello,
>
> I would like to solicit help from our wonderful Community in getting
> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=9420 request fulfilled. There is
> enough material in this list's archives to generate the appropriate
> text and the diagram should be fairly easy to make if necessary. The
> gist of the request is to write a wiki page that explains to a novice
> user how to navigate among the appropriate pieces of the Linux
> Graphics puzzle i.e. Inkscape, Gimp, LibreOffice, Scribus according to
> the most appropriate use in a document preparation workflow.
>
> Let's use
> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Document_preparation_with_free_software
> page or a differently titled on if you wish for this.

Hi,

I had written a wiki section (under Christoph's direction and before
the new wiki) that may assist. See:

http://documentation.scribus.net/index.php/Recommended_3rd_Party_Software%281%29

Can no longer log into it, but may be of value. If you think it is
suitable, I could start transferring the data though I suspect it is
not in the form you want.

 --
Owen