[scribus] Save As Image : I can't find TIF or JPG options on 1.4.0.rc6 for Mac

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Oct 24 16:12:50 UTC 2011

hi martin,
> On 23/10/11 23:34 , Craig Bradney wrote:
> []
>> I'm going to reinstall fink and all installed packages on my Tiger
>> based iMac this week and see if
>> that fixes it. Supporting Tiger sucks!
>
> Yes. For that reason, Fink has officially end-of-lifed Tiger. You can
> still run Fink on Tiger, but there won't be updates any more.
>
> I have packaged 1.4.0-rc6 for MacOSX 10.5 and 10.6 (for 10.7, I first
> need to have a working boost package, which is not yet there). On
> these, I also see that many image formats are missing for output:
> In the aqua version, I also see only the 5 formats Fabio mentions.
> In the X11 version, there are 10 formats on offer, including jpg and
> tiff, but many others are still missing that are available for the
> linux versions.
>
> I haven't had time to try to understand how scribus determines the
> list of possible formats.

is there any way to have an idea who is still using tiger (and scribus)?

the reason why in the past i have pushed scribus on tiger is that there
is no stable version that really works on os x! (and several people seem
to be using scribus on tiger; as an example in schools)
as you correctly say in your mail, your leaving the tiger users with a
working fink which won't be updated in the future... but they are left
with a working fink!
on the scribus side 1.4 will be the first stable scribus for os x!

personally, seeing this struggle and the disapearing support for tiger
from everywhere, i start to think that it would be good to have the
latest 1.4RC (with the patch for page switching for mac...) as a last
release for tiger.

this way, the tiger folks get the best we can deliver now, but since we
are not releasing a stable version for tiger we won't have to support it
for the whole lifecycle of 1.4.x.

what do you think about it?

is anybody out there who knows people using scribus on tiger?

ciao
a.l.e