[scribus] Announce: Scribus 1.4.0 RC6 Release

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 18:40:16 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 9:55 PM, Peter Nermander wrote:

> The Scribus devs are working unpaid, on their own spare time. I don't
> think complaints is the best way to encourage them to spend more work
> on Scribus.

You keep making my day, even though it's already a night here :)

> Send them a working patch and they will happily include it, offer to
> help them and they will happily accept your help. Demand them to fix
> something... well, I know how I would respond:)

Yes, I expect you know that. I also expect that you are already
running with a crowbar in the general direction of the server that
holds Scribus's bug tracker, 'cause no complaints should be accepted.
Or maybe you got hold of a stolen Russian missile that's already on
its way to the data centre?

As far as I can tell people are not making demands here. They are
merely explaining what is acceptable for an application that claims to
be a tool suitable for professional use. At least it's what I'm doing.
If you fail to understand that communication between developers and
users sometimes involves bug reports, there is very little I can do
for you.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org