[scribus] Announce: Scribus 1.4.0 RC6 Release

S C ribus id746-scribus at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 20 12:24:51 UTC 2011

Oh come on people I was on 1.3.3.14 until three months ago, I am now on 1.4.0 rc4 and I am waiting to move on until I find a bug I can't cope with or until I feel I live in Jurassic Park.
It is true though that the versioning on Scribus is a headache for a newbie, IMHO we would be better off with 1.4.0 declared as stable (for me it is logical - it is the only version on which bugs are fixed), possibly 1.4.6 for the current and then a "beta" as the development version.

All software contains bugs, and waiting for a version which would be a bugless ideal is not even realistic... Congrats to the devs, 1.4.0rc4 is a lot better than my old 1.3.3.14

Cedric