[scribus] Using Scribus for book-signature layout

bobparham at comcast.net bobparham at comcast.net
Thu Oct 20 12:18:56 UTC 2011

On 10/20/2011 1:45 AM, Peter Nermander wrote:
>> Peter, I'm thinking that there is a significant difference between an
>> Ink Jet Printer and a Laser Printer. Apparently, a Laser Printer does
>> not have a Non-Printable area around the sheet of paper that an Ink Jet
>> Printer has. I tried Bookbinder several months ago for imposing
> But that doesn't have anything to do with the imposition, that is a
> problem with the printing process.
>
> It is very easy to test. Just create a document in Scribus with a box
> in the middle of the page. I would make the box 10x10 cm. Print it and
> measure with a ruler. If it does not come out 10x10 cm it is the fault
> of the printing process, not a fault of the PDF.
>
> You should also try printing from different PDF viewers. If the page
> comes out right with one PDF viewer but not with another, it is easy
> to tell where the fault is.
>
> /Peter
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

That is exactly the point I was trying to make for any who would like to
print their own book using an Ink Jet Printer. It is a _problem inherent
with all Ink Jet Printers_ and regardless of whose PDF reader is used.
At least it was a problem with all PDF Readers I tried and I tested
several some time ago. In my testing I used exactly the procedure you
described above. At least, as I have pointed out, there is a solution
available.

The fact that you had no problem with multipage printing of documents
from Scribus confirmed what I have suspected for some time but since I
did not have a Laser Printer I could not prove it. _Laser Printers
obviously do not have the unprintable area surrounding the sheet._

Bob P
--

*Bob Parham*

*People may forget what you did and people may forget what you said but
people will never forget how you made them feel.
*

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")