[scribus] Announce: Scribus 1.4.0 RC6 Release

Jean Ghali jghali at libertysurf.fr
Wed Oct 19 23:10:05 UTC 2011

Le 19/10/2011 22:43, Alexandre Prokoudine a écrit :
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 12:56 AM, Craig Bradney wrote:
>> Tonight, we have released Scribus 1.4.0.rc6. Many issues were resolved with this RC update, as follows:
>>
>>    Significant text formatting updates, resolving numerous bugs relating to certain cases of:
>>      * Spacing
>>      * Wrapping
>>      * Alignment
>>      * Link frames
>>      * Style Editing
>
> ...and implementing a bug that results in incorrect loading of files
> created with RC5. In particular, all text is shifted vertically. I
> have reports from two people on that already. Is this a known
> regression or sholuld I tell them to submit test files?

Given the changes between rc5 and rc6 versus layout, some differences are to be expected.
Those differences are significant in some case. A few computations previously performed
using font ascent are now performed using real char ascent and hence can produce result
differences vs vertical position. In case of doubt, please tell them to submit test files.

Also remember that until 1.4.0 final is out, we reserve ourself (the Scribus team) the
right to make any change we believe necessary, including in the text layout algorithms.
Consequently text layout stability is not guaranteed between release candidates.

Jean