[scribus] problem importing python modules to script

Steve Wright stevew at etmeli.us
Wed Oct 19 16:40:49 UTC 2011

Sure!

Documentation for Google Calendar API for Python is here:
http://code.google.com/apis/calendar/data/2.0/developers_guide_python.html

The Python library and example scripts are available from here:
http://code.google.com/p/gdata-python-client/downloads/list  (I downloaded
the gdata-2.0.15 package.)

I installed the gdata package per the instructions in the readme, and used
the gdata samples/calendar/calendarExample.py script to test.  From the
python command line, it works.

The script starts with these lines:

try:
  from xml.etree import ElementTree
except ImportError:
  from elementtree import ElementTree
import gdata.calendar.data
import gdata.calendar.client

There are a few other imports.  But when I try to just paste these imports
into the Scribus console, they fail right away.

Here is the trace from the script console:

  File "<console>", line 5
    import gdata.calendar.data
         ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<console>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gdata/__init__.py", line 27,
in <module>
    import atom
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/atom/__init__.py", line 56,
in <module>
    from elementtree import ElementTree
ImportError: No module named elementtree

Any pointers you can give will be appreciated, I admit I am no expert...

Thanks,
Steve

--
When I could find voice, I shrieked aloud in agony, "Either this is madness
or it is Hell."  "It is neither," calmly replied the voice of the Sphere,