[scribus] Scribus Icons Contest 2011

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sat Oct 8 15:57:52 UTC 2011

hi alexandre

> >> Oh come on, do you seriously  want people to submit three times as
> >> many icons than you _really_ needs to make decision on?
> >
> > no, everybody can provide as many icons as he or she thinks allows
> > us to understand his or her proposal.
>
> The original request says nothing about it. Check.
>
> > and, alexandre, you are talking to a plural "you". personally, i'd
> > like to see between 20 to 30 icons (non unique ones, in different
> > states and sizes).
> > others want just to see five of them, without really caring about
> > states and sizes.
>
> The original request says nothing about it. Check.
>
> > we won't refuse anybody because he or she didn't met any of the
> > criteria...
>
> The original request says nothing about it. Check.
>
> When you start a contest, the last thing you want is to end up
> explaining you really meant this and you didn't really mean that. You
> could discuss a text of the proposal in the dev list first, then post
> it here. Given the discussion above I'd suggest to revisit this text,
> applly clarifications and repost it. Or, better, wait for more
> comments on the text and then do it.

no need to explain those things to the participants.
the explanation was for a russian guy who is
bitching about the rules of a contest in which he won't participate.

if you have questions about the rules i can give you an answer.
if you want to change the rules, you're too late.
i recall you that your replying to a contest not to a Request for
Comments.

i have not much more than that to say to you.
the next in the queue, please.

ciao
a.l.e