[scribus] Scribus Icons Contest 2011

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 8 13:46:34 UTC 2011

On 10/08/2011 09:15 AM, ale rimoldi wrote:
> hi cedric,
>

>> I'd be proud to be selected, but I'd feel
>> the prospect of committing to design 30 icons to be so scary...
>
> what about submitting 10 of them?
>
> 10 to 30 does not mean that you have to submit 30 icons!
> but we would like you to submit a few icons so that we can judge the
> quality of your work!
> (i've tried to explain several times to my mother that if the speed
> limit is 60, i don't have to drive exactly at 60, but 50 may be
> ok, too...)
>
> as written in my first mail you should create different states of the
> icons... so you could create 3 icons, one in 4 states and two in three
> states and you already have your 10 icons...

While I can understand the desire to have some sort of graphical
continuity with icons, there are particular ones I haven't been fond of,
mostly because they aren't very intuitive.

Examples:

Save
Print
Preflight Verifier
Shape-Polygon-Arc -- mostly because they seem so dead-looking
Rotate
the entire collection of PDF Tools

Although they're rather small, I have wondered if there was some way to
include keyboard shortcuts in at least some of the icons. The text frame
icon has an A in it, but could just as easily have a T. Such letters
might even help one recognize what the icon is supposed to represent.

Greg