[scribus] Text on a path: upside down text work around.

Martin Langeland dumluks at dumluks.com
Fri Oct 7 02:04:14 UTC 2011

> Message: 3 Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 20:20:07 +0200 From: ale rimoldi
> <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> To: scribus at lists.scribus.net Subject: Re:
> [scribus] Text on a path Message-ID:
> <20111006202007.198076f6 at eiseiseis> Content-Type: text/plain;
> charset=US-ASCII On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 09:59:32 -0700 Martin Langeland
> <dumluks at dumluks.com> wrote:
>> Hello all!
>> I'm making a business card with a circle of text around an
>> illustration. Wiki article on Text on a path works fine.
>> Problem is the text on the lower half of the circle is upside down.
>> Any way to change that?
> making two paths? and then flipping horizontally?
>

> ciao
> a.l.e
Thanks a.l.e. That's off in the direction I took. Think of a vinyl
record with the circle deformed, simple text follows the curve above and
below. The above goes just like the text along path help. You need a
second bezier for the bottom with a left down start curve rather than
the left up start of the default circle. A default half circle answers.
Use the text along a path tools in the Properties / Text tab.
Thanks for your help and thanks for a wonderful program that does this!
and a lot more.
--ml