[scribus] OT: Online preflight or pay-per file?

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Thu Oct 6 13:33:14 UTC 2011

On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 12:15:16 +0200
Ralf-Diether Ebel <Ralf-Diether.Ebel at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello Scribus-Users,
> does anyone know a preflight-service when I can check my Scribus
> generated pdf-files that they only contain cmyk colors and not rgb
> anymore?
> I think instead of buying the expensive Acrobat there must be cheaper
> solutions, so for ex. an online-service?
> Greetings
> Ralf

My understanding is that if you:
1. Use a CMYK color palette like Scribus Open Office,
2. Produce the pdf for print and not for web
3. Use an appropriate icc profile for printing, such as Fogra or Swop.

Then Scribus will produce a pdf using CMYK color model only. I have
prepared several book covers this way without any difficulty. If I am
wrong on this someone please correct me.

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers:

"Create Book Covers with Scribus"