[scribus] Screenshots for Scribus Release

Rob Oakes LyX-Devel at oak-tree.us
Fri Nov 25 23:33:48 UTC 2011

On 11/24/2011 1:25 PM, Craig Bradney wrote:
> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Success_stories is a little bare of recent publications, especially with screenshots.
>
> Would anyone like to contribute some screenshots of recent works done with Scribus for the 1.4.0
> release notes?
>
> Nothing obviously too controversial, politically motivated, offensive etc. Just a nice design, layout, etc.
The KDE e.V. Newsletters for the past year and some have been done with
Scribus, and might be useful. For example,

http://blog.oak-tree.us/index.php/2011/06/08/kde-news

and

http://blog.oak-tree.us/index.php/2011/11/25/kde-news201103

might help to showcase projects which have been done in Scribus. What
sort of screenshots are you looking for? Do you want screenshots showing
the product, or those showing the process (as suggested by a previous
contributor)?

Also, do you want examples of different types of publications? I've got
screenshots of a PDF presentation done in Scribus here:

http://blog.oak-tree.us/index.php/2010/08/21/modern-templates

I'm aware of a couple of non-profits using Scribus for design and could
check if they'd be willing to let me post screenshots of posters and
other material they've done. (Many of which are really quite stunning.)

Knowing a little bit more about what you're looking for would be
helpful. I've got a bunch of projects that might conceivably used as
screenshot fodder.

Cheers,

Rob Oakes