[scribus] Screenshots for Scribus Release

Craig Bradney cbradney at zip.com.au
Fri Nov 25 18:09:59 UTC 2011

On 11/25/11 3:19 PM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 11/25/2011 08:59 AM, john Culleton wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 21:37:01 +0100
>> JLuc<jluc at no-log.org>  wrote:

>>> I forgott the smiley
>>>
>>> ;-)
>>>
>> Would a cover of a book help? The book is for sale. I did it in
>> an earlier version of Scribus but I can certainly recreate it in Scribus 1.4.0
>> RC6 (svn version) if that would be helpful. The book is for sale.
>> Is that too commmercial for you? It is a novel, named "Death Wore
>> Black." It is one of the many covers displayed on:
>> http://wexfordpress.net/illos.html
>
> Not sure how others feel, but the main thing I would say is to remember that the Success Stories
> are supposed to highlight the use of Scribus, so perhaps some text about how Scribus was used to
> advantage for the cover, maybe including the way you create PDF-X1a files for your printer.

I didn't say anything about commercial.. JLuc did..

Its perfectly Ok to be a published book, or even something more commercial like a brochure for
products or places etc. What we don't want is something we cannot say we agree with in its
motivation ... and if its in a foreign language (that the team does not understand) then we will
need another party to confirm the meaning of the text so we don't inadvertently publish something we
wouldn't want to.

Craig