[scribus] Glitch with tabs and styles

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 13:24:51 UTC 2011


I haven't had the time to test thoroughly but I raise the flag on a
possible bug in the current RC-series.

Maybe someone could make further tests.

When setting a tab in a style sheet (a right tab was tested) and applying
it to a series of lines (I wanted to test something for the Restaurant Menu
case we had earlier on this list) I found that the first line is not tabbed
properly while all other lines are (in the first line the tab is set
further on the line). Adding a return before the first line will correct
the situation but this is a clumsy workaround.

Also, I applied paragraph style for the name of the dish including this tab
+ a char style for the price of the dish. Everything seemed fine until I
edited the paragraph style. Then, as expected the settings were changed on
the paragraphs they were applied to but, unexpectedly, the char style
itself, while still tagged as such as I could see in the PP, had in fact no
effect as the formatting was that of the paragraph style: no more local
formatting from that char stylesheet. Moreover, when I try to wipe off
everything with the broom and re-apply, nothing works anymore.

So, there is a glitch.

I tested that with RC6 on OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus/attachments/20111125/a5fdd392/attachment.html>

More information about the scribus mailing list