[scribus] Scribus arabic

Cédric Gémy radar.map35 at free.fr
Wed Nov 23 08:39:08 UTC 2011

Hello everyone

I'm actually doing a Scribus workshop in Tunis and of course i have many
questions about Scribus arabic capabilities. Well, i don't know what are
exactly the state of the new text engine for i'm bit out the discussion
since few months, but something surprised me very much.

I want to show how to write arabic with render frame using xelatex. It
happened that i forgot to switch back to frame keymap and well arabic
happened to be written quite perfectly in render frame source editor.

As a proof, i've made a screenshot of the same "hello world" from google
translate, OOwriter, Scribus frame and scribus render frame editor.

How can it happen than render frame editor can support arabic ligatures
and other specialities (kashida...) and not scribus main editor. How can
a scribus part be more complete than the core ?

Is there something that cna be or worth to be done here ?

pygmee