[scribus] New ETA for stable 1.4.0?

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Tue Nov 22 22:15:59 UTC 2011

On 11/22/11 11:10 PM, john Culleton wrote:
> I note that overnight changes continue to be made to Scribus
> 1.4.0 RC6 (the svn version.) Given this fact it appears that the
> statement that only one thing was left needing fixing was a bit
> optimistic.
>
> Is there an estimate of how meany bugs need to be fixed before
> RC6 can be released as an officially stable release?
>
> Is there a more current estimate on how long this process of bug
> clearance will take?

No, our statement was there was one particular bug that we wanted to fix before release. If we
happen to fix others as well before then, then great.

In the meantime, we will probably release 1.4.0 with a workaround for the bug on OS X.

Matter of weeks, I'd say. There's a LOT of work just to prepare for the release, let alone the
actual software.

Craig