[scribus] global paragraph styles

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 15 20:48:14 UTC 2011

On 11/15/2011 03:32 PM, JLuc wrote:
> Le 15/11/2011 21:22, Christen a écrit :
>> Apologies if this question has already been answered.I did a little
>> research
>> on the web and didn't find anything. Is there a way to apply a paragraph
>> style to several different paragraphs at the same time ?
>
> It is for sure possible in the story editor :
> you select the text including many paragraphs
> and you choose the style from the topbar dropdown style menu.

It would depend on the circumstances as to which way you might choose:

1. as above, per JLuc

2. You can also do this in Edit Contents mode, either by placing the
cursor in a given paragraph or selecting paragraphs, then choosing the
paragraph style in Properties > Text > Style Settings. You don't have to
select every single character in the paragraph to change the style for
the whole paragraph. Character Styles, of course, would just change the
selected text.

3. In some situations, it might be more efficient to use Select Item
mode, change the entire text frame's Paragraph Style, then revert
paragraphs as needed to the previous style.

Greg