[scribus] Paragraph Justification

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 13 10:46:40 UTC 2011

Several people wanted to know why you would ever want to use "forced justification" for a paragraph. Some even went so far as to recommend that this option be removed from Scribus.  Well, now that I know that it exists, I have discovered some cases where it is very useful indeed.

I edit a quarterly newsletter and am trying out a new format for it with the next issue. I am moving from the full page format with simple left-justified text to two column full justification. I just found two situations where the "Force Justify" option improves the appearance. Both are in a numbered list of items:
If a paragraph fits on a single line and almost fills it, using force justify looks better.If the last line of a paragraph almost fills the horizontal space, again force justify improves the appearanceI am sure others might find similar situations. Having found uses for this so quickly after discovering it, I well reiterate my recommendation to keep it.

Murray