[scribus] getting tiffs

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Wed May 18 17:14:10 UTC 2011

wayan jimi wrote:
>> I am using scribus 1.3.3.14 on win 7 x64. when i try to place a
>> tiff in a graphics frame, sometimes it works fine, but sometimes it
>> will not display the image. the image seems to be there (just
>> invisible), because i can right click and get correct image info;
>> however the image will not display in print preview and incurrs an
>> error message when trying to export to pdf. the images, both those
>> that scribus can place and those it wont, are created from CR2s,
>> saved as tiffs, both of similar size, stored in same folder.

This doesn't crash scribus so perhaps it is unrelated but one thing to check would be the bit-depth of the tiff files.

At least for me I can use 8bit/channel images without any problems. 24 and 32 bit/channel images load but don't show up either in Scribus itself or in exported PDF. This is in 1.3.6. Don't have 1.4 here to test, and as I say, it doesn't crash, so perhaps this is not your problem.

--
Henry