[scribus] getting tiffs

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue May 17 15:16:57 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, May 17, 2011 10:39:13 am wayan jimi wrote:
> Hi everyone
> I am using scribus 1.3.3.14 on win 7 x64. when i try to place a tiff in a
> graphics frame, sometimes it works fine, but sometimes it will not
display
> the image. the image seems to be there (just invisible), because i can
> right click and get correct image info; however the image will not
display
> in print preview and incurrs an error message when trying to export to
> pdf. the images, both those that scribus can place and those it wont, are
> created from CR2s, saved as tiffs, both of similar size, stored in same
> folder. i have tried using irfanview, paint, and 2 versions of photoshop
> to generate tiffs. sometimes, when creating a slightly different tiff (eg
> horizontally flipped) from the same source CR2, one will be accepted and
> the othr not. I have also noticed that in the thumbnail preview window in
> the dialogue box which comes up for 'get image', the tiffs that will be
> accepted preview as thumbs; those that wont have no thumb, just a written
> description. i re-installed version 1.3: same result. also tried 1.4: the
> same problem crashes scribus. Please help!! James

First, please bring your Scribus up to date. Scribus 1.4.0 RC 3 is
suggested. You can import your current sla file into that version. (The
reverse is not possible). Most serious Scribus users no longer use 1.3.3.14
so it is hard for them to answer questions about that very old version.
Since 1.3.3.14 we have gone through 1.3.5, 1.3.6 1.3.7, 1.3.8, 1.3.9 and
three release candidates for 1.4.0.

Just switching to a newer version may solve your problem. If not please
post again and various users and developers will try to answer.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press