[scribus] getting tiffs

wayan jimi baliherpetofauna at yahoo.com.au
Tue May 17 14:39:13 UTC 2011

Hi everyone
I am using scribus 1.3.3.14 on win 7 x64. when i try to place a tiff in a graphics frame, sometimes it works fine, but sometimes it will not display the image. the image seems to be there (just invisible), because i can right click and get correct image info; however the image will not display in print preview and incurrs an error message when trying to export to pdf. the images, both those that scribus can place and those it wont, are created from CR2s, saved as tiffs, both of similar size, stored in same folder. i have tried using irfanview, paint, and 2 versions of photoshop to generate tiffs. sometimes, when creating a slightly different tiff (eg horizontally flipped) from the same source CR2, one will be accepted and the othr not. I have also noticed that in the thumbnail preview window in the dialogue box which comes up for 'get image', the tiffs that will be accepted preview as thumbs; those that wont have no thumb, just a written description. i
 re-installed version 1.3: same result. also tried 1.4: the same problem crashes scribus. Please help!!
James