[scribus] Importing PDF file

John Ghormley KJ4UFG kj4ufg at sera.org
Sat May 14 19:27:51 UTC 2011

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 10:14 AM, John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com>wrote:

> As a test I attempted to import an 11 x 8.5 pdf file into a similar Scribus
> file using either 1.4.0 rc3 or 1.5.0. Both yilded similsr results. Random
> words appeared here and there and one entire line illo appeared OK. But
> most
> text was omitted. When I attempted to undo the import in 1.4.0rc3 Scribus
> froze.
>
> --
> John Culleton
> Wexford Press
> "Death Wore Black"
> Police procedural
> by retired police chief Bill Redding

John,
FWIW, I imported 20 some pages of .pdfs, both color and b&w, into my last
issue which has now been mailed. I was using 1.4.0 rc3 with Ubuntu Linux and
had absolutely no problems with the import function for that release nor any
problems with the export of the pdf for the printer.  Hope this helps you
find the problem.
--
John Ghormley  KJ4UFG
Editor, SERA *Repeater Journal*