[scribus] getting tiff problem

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu May 12 12:51:24 UTC 2011

On Monday, May 09, 2011 01:47:04 pm wayan jimi wrote:
> Hi everyone
> I am using scribus 1.3.3.14 with windows 7. I have a problem: when placing
> tiffs in an image frame, some of my tiffs seem to load, but then nothing
> shows in the frame. Other tiffs load normally. I have tried using either
> Irfanview or photshop7 to create the same tiffs from CR2s. All of them are
> a similar size and stored in the same folder. sometimes, if creating 2
> slightly differently cropped tiffs from the source CR2, one will load and
> the other won't. I downloaded scribus 1.4Orc3, and the same problem
> crashes the program. although failing to load a tiff, it seems some
> connection is established because when i then go to "edit image", it opens
> the tiff in irfanview for me. also i noticed that when getting an image,
> in the preview, images that will load preview a thumbnail, and those that
> wont load dont preview a thumb, only a written description. so i tried to
> export to pdf, thinking the image was there but for some reason not
> visible, and the operation fails. I cant find any difference in the tiffs
> that load and those that dont. Can anyone help me? James McKay
> edit your options.
>
> Scribus Forums are available at http://forums.scribus.net
>
> Notice: Scribus mailing lists were migrated to a new host and now reside at
> lists.scribus.net, so a new list address scribus at lists.scribus.net has to
> be used.

Why are you still using 1.3.3.14? The release candidates for 1.4.0 are more up
to date  as are the versions from 1.3.5 to 1.3.9.  I recognize that 1.3.3.14
is the only one considered "stable". but the fact that snapshots of 1.4.0
release candidate 3 are made available menas that it is are stable enough to
be used, and since it is still a release candidate any problems you may have
will likely be attended to.

Since I have a Slackware Linux system I have the luxury of overnight builds of
the latest Scribus 1.4.0 and 1.5.0.  I just tested each with tiff files. I had
no problems.

No one is working on 1.3.3.14 any more.  So if you have uncovered a bug it
won't be fixed.
--
John Culleton
2401 Haight Avenue