[scribus] Explanation, please

John Ghormley KJ4UFG kj4ufg at sera.org
Wed May 11 23:06:29 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info>wrote:

> On 5/9/11 4:06 PM, John Ghormley KJ4UFG wrote:
> > I reported this as a bug but was told it had been fixed.  This morning I
> > downloaded the latest Ubuntu update for Scribus-ng RC3 and it does appear
> > be, at least, partially fixed.  However, there is still an unexplainable
> > faux paux in the alphabetization of the styles list.  Look at the screen
> > shot portion attached and notice that "Arial ..." follows "default" which
> > follows "LM ...".  Maybe there is a reason I'm missing?
> >

> You are using RC3, this is not the latest code. The latest code is in
> our subversion repositories. If you are going to stick to using
> pre-built packages, then you need to wait until we release a new version.
>
> Craig

Point taken.  In my defense, however, I believed RC3 was the latest version
and did not know there were releases that were even more bleeding edge.

Another possible help might be to let the "Scribus invited bug submitter"
know the version in which the fix first appeared.  Just a thought.
--
John Ghormley  KJ4UFG
Editor, SERA *Repeater Journal*
editor at sera.org