[scribus] compiling the scribus 1.4.0 rc3 under mac os 10.5.8 ppc

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Mar 31 20:14:18 CEST 2011

hi stefan,

> you're confusing me - i didn't try to install Scribus via macports. i
> installed libfreetype.6.dylib from macports.
> however, i just had a look at fink to see if i can install Scribus
> 1.4.0 RC3 from there. it offered me the following packages:
>
>       scribus                           1.3.3.12-2
> Layout program (stable branch 1.3.3.x)
>       scribus-aqua                      1.3.3.12-3
> Layout program (stable branch 1.3.3.x)
>
> ... which isn't what i wanted.

i refuse to go back to your original question :-)

if all you want, is getting scribus 1.4RC installed on a ppc mac, you'd better use the fink version.

if you follow the directions on

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/FAQ:_Installing_and_Running_Scribus#How_do_I_get_Scribus_for_OS_X.3F

you'll get it!

(don't forget to enable the unstable packages!)

ciao
a.l.e