[scribus] perl with scribus

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 15:09:14 CEST 2011

On 03/30/2011 12:33 AM, srikrishnan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is it possible to use perl script in Scribus?

What we've seen so far are perl scripts that work outside of Scribus,
such as the one to shrink the size of a PDF made with Scribus.

My first iteration of making a Scribus document from a directory of
images was written in Perl, and simply generated an SLA file that
Scribus could use. It was clumsy, but it worked. Of course, every time
there was an update to the file format, it might require some changes,
although of course Scribus is always backward-compatible with older file
formats.

I have to say, I still like the way that Perl can manipulate data and
strings better than Python.

Greg