[scribus] Scribus 1.4.0.rc2 crashes when changing font...

Meho R. mehor at gmx.com
Thu Mar 24 19:51:10 CET 2011

Scribus 1.4.0.rc2 crashes every time if I try to change font and cursor
is _in_ a text frame (no problem if the frame is _selected_). I'm using
rc2 compiled from the source on Debian Wheezy 64bit. Before I file a bug
report I wanted to make sure that it is not related to my machine only
(and that it is not a known issue of which I wasn't aware).

To reproduce the crash, do the following:
1. Create a new text frame
2. Double click on the text frame (write something or leave it blank,
doesn't matter)
3. Change the font in Properties palette. Scribus crashes due to signal #11.

Can anyone confirm this behaviour?

P.S. Scribus 1.3.9 doesn't appear to have this problem.