[scribus] HTML and Scribus

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 13:21:43 CET 2011

On 03/22/2011 10:40 PM, Marie and Paul Di Somma wrote:
> Greetings from New Zealand:
>

> I use Scribus frequently, have done so for about 2 years, and am very
> satisfied with the work Scribus enables me to produce.
>

> Recently, I have had a requirement for HTML output rather than pdf, and
> wondered if there is any way possible for Scribus to produce HTML output.
>
> I have played with pdf2html converters, but I find nothing adequate to meet
> my requirements.
>

> I know Scribus is pdf-centric, but if there were some way it could produce
> HTML, then I for one would be ecstatic.

On the surface, it would seem that since Scribus's native files are XML
or XML-like, this should be possible.

The difficulty is that, since it involves precise layout, translating
this to HTML where layout typically is more flexible and relative is not
intuitively easy.

There is, of course, the possibility of creating a graphics file output
of pages that might meet some purposes.

Greg