[scribus] pdf compression

Cezary Grabski czarek at oferuje.pl
Mon Mar 21 07:18:36 CET 2011

> The best way to get an image to the right size is to start with the
> printing size. You want to print the image 4x6 inches at 300 DPI? Then
> the resolution shall be 1200x2400 (simple multiplication) and in
> Scribus you set the image frame to 4x6 inches and fit the image to
> frame.

Not in that order.
First you should load image into Scribus. When layout is ready to print then
you can set image dimensions to get expected resolution.

But... if you use PDF export feature of resampling images you can omit this
step - Scribus do this for you automaticaly.

More urgent than resampling is croping images (if you use manual scaling for
images) because whole image is exported to PDF, even unvisible part of it.
I have done patch for croping images in Scribus as comand and as PDF export
feature, but who knows when (if somewhen) it will be commited.

cezaryece