[scribus] are you experienced?

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Sun Mar 20 22:03:36 CET 2011

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 21:56:49 -0400
Gregory Pittman <gregp_ky at yahoo.com> wrote:

> If you are, read my new entry in the wiki blog (even if you're not,
> you can read it too):
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Blog:Scribus_Times_and_Gazette/Searching_for_a_new_angle_in_documentation
>
> I have little idea how much time and work this project will take, but
> it's one of these brain itches I need to scratch at a bit.

Hi,

You could classify your two parts as practice and theory :-)

I prefer the practice side.

Niyam Bhushan original tutorial was very helpful for me

The "Scribus Quick Start Guide" in the Help->Manual->Scribus Basics is
an excellent item.

The concept of a series of tutorials is great. (epubs?)

The only comment I have is that you will always get newbie problems.
Gimp tutorials often have comments "I got to Step X but couldn't
proceed". What is obvious to the expert aint necessarily obvious to the
beginner.

I have made a couple of "movies" from RecordMyDesktop, they are pretty
huge, but maybe worthwhile including in your arsenal.

Owen