[scribus] are you experienced?

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 20 15:21:38 CET 2011

On Saturday, March 19, 2011 6:56 PM "Gregory Pittman" <gregp_ky at yahoo.com> wrote:

If you are, read my new entry in the wiki blog (even if you're not, you can read it too):

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Blog:Scribus_Times_and_Gazette/Searching_for_a_new_angle_in_documentation

I have little idea how much time and work this project will take, but it's one of these brain itches I need to scratch at a bit.

Greg
----------------------------------

I would be interested in participating in this effort. As you might recall, a couple of years ago, Nigel Ridley and I prepared an updated tutorial on "Getting Started with Scribus". The files for this are at:

http://www.oliveroot.net/Scribus/Getting_Started_With_Scribus_2008/

By helping to prepare that tutorial, I learned more about how to use Scribus than I would have in just trying to use it for my immediate applications.

I am not sure how you plan to organize this effort, what format you would like to receive contributions, or where I could help (certainly proof-reading is one possible area).

The things I do regularly with Scribus:

1. Prepare a quarterly newsletter
2. Create paper greeting cards
3. Create photo books (I am still working on one which I hope to have printed by VioVio).
4. Prepare posters/flyers.

I would definitely not consider myself an expert by any means. I don't even remember how to do lots of those things I helped explain in the tutorial!!!

Let me know if you can use my help, and how.

Murray