[scribus] Scribus, Fedora, and SXSW

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 11 18:54:13 CET 2011

Hi Scribus folks!

I wanted to let you know that Fedora is going to be promoting Scribus at
the South by Southwest music, film, and interactive festival in Austin
Texas next week at the expo. We've got a booth and we're running a
contest where each of the four days we're featuring a specific free &
open source application, and one of the days we are highlighting
Scribus.

You can see the Scribus logo stamps we made and the postcards where
folks will be getting their cards stamped to enter a contest here:

http://mairin.wordpress.com/2011/03/07/christmas-in-march/

http://mairin.wordpress.com/2011/02/25/preparing-for-fedoras-sxsw-debut/

We're also using one of the Scribus success stories in one of our
handout flyers:

http://mairin.wordpress.com/2011/03/11/flyers-about-free-open-source-software-for-sxsw-creatives/

(second flyer, upper left)

We also have beautiful tri-fold brochures, one for graphic designers,
which also highlights Scribus:

http://blogs.fedoraproject.org/wp/designteam/?p=28

Anyway, we're hoping to build awareness of Scribus and to encourage the
very creative and tech savvy folks at SXSW to give it a try and even
contribute back to it. If any Scribus users or developers are going to
be at SXSW, we'd like to invite you to drop by our booth and say hi (you
can even get your photo taken with Tux at our booth! :) ) It's booth
#344 in the expo hall.

Cheers!

~m

--